Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

October 18, 2012

Drake Graduates High School


Aubrey Graham, 25. While his mom was probably not psyched that he bailed on the books as a teenager, the rapper, better known as Drake kind of made it work for him.
Well, Drizzy made it official recently, announcing to his Twitter followers that after leaving Toronto's Forest Hill Collegiate Institute as a teen to take a spot on "Degrassi: The Next Generation," he recently earned his degree with flying colors.
"97% on my final exam," he tweeted on Wednesday. "88% in the course. One of the greatest feelings in my entire life. As of tonight I have graduated high school ... Thank you to my teacher Kim Janzen for spending the last 5 months working tirelessly with me!! OVO SOUND."
Drake joined "Degrassi" at age 15 and played paralyzed basketball player James "Jimmy" Brooks for seven seasons, appearing in 138 episodes through 2009, when Jimmy graduated from high school.
In a Complex interview last year, Drake said he took the "Degrassi" job to help out his family during a rough time. "My mother was very sick. We were poor, like broke," he said. "The only money I had coming in was off of Canadian TV, which isn't that much money when you break it down ... A season of Canadian television is under a teacher's salary, I'll tell you that much."
The 25-year-old Young Money star has been vocal in the past about not making the grade, rapping in "Crew Love" that, "I guess we'll never know what Harvard gets us/But seeing my family have it all/Took the place of that desire for diplomas on the wall."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Page viewers