Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

October 21, 2012

Messi is From Another World, says Fabregas

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has hailed his teammate Lionel Messi, after the Argentine struck a scintillating hat trick in the 5-4 victory over Deportivo La Coruna.

The Blaugrana were pegged back after taking a 3-0 lead, with Javier Mascherano earning a red card, though Tito Vilanova's men would hold on in an entertaining match at Riazor.

Fabregas praised the hat trick hero, also insisting that the most important thing was the three points.

"Messi comes from a long trip with the national team and [is] always here. He gives us a lot. Indeed, he understands all. Messi is from another world," the 25-year-old told reporters after the game. "These things [the red card] happen in football. [We] need to analyse whether or not it was a penalty, or a red card. But we have been very good in that little bit of a crazy [game]. The important thing was the three points."

The former Arsenal captain also spoke of his mixed start to the season, but maintains that he has been working hard under Vilanova.

"I have always believed in our chances, I've always been quiet and I worked hard. I've prepared very well and I will keep working. The coach makes the decisions," he said.  "I was very comfortable and when [being replaced by] Xavi, what remains is to sit and clap. His position has made me feel comfortable, the ball was over, [there was] more connection and I have always played in this position since childhood. It favors my game."

Barcelona hosts Scottish side Celtic in the Champions League in midweek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Page viewers